Confident Childbirth Hypnobirthing
Helping you have a positive experience of birth that’s right for you and your baby whichever route it takes on that day
- Safe and effective for helping you overcome anxiety and birth fears
- Non-judgementable about birth choices and preferences
- Personalised and tailored to your needs
- A flexible approach only offered by fully trained Cognitive Hypnotherapists
Contact me to find out more about how I can help you feel more relaxed and confident for birth.
Specialist hypnobirthing tailored to your needs
Due to Covid-19 I am only offering online one to one hypnobirthing at the moment. In other times, I offer a variety of options for hypnobirthing in Reading and Wokingham.
I help women feel ready and confident for birth using the Confident Childbirth hypnobirthing method. This approach combines the techniques of Cognitive Hypnotherapy with traditional hypnobirthing mindset and relaxation tools. I’m a former Active Birth antenatal teacher and have over 10 year of experience in teaching hypnobirthing. I integrate this knowledge, experience and passion for birthing into my approach.
As part of this, I also provide MP3 downloads, online resources and follow up phone support.
Is hypnobirthing right for you?
Would you like to look forward to birth?
Are you feeling anxious about birth or becoming a parent?
Do you want to feel confident about your body after IVF?
Have you left it to the last minute to prepare for birth?
Do you want to feel confident about going through labour?
Do you have a phobia which might hinder a positive birth?
Do you need to help overcoming a previous birth or hospital experience?
Do you prefer to work one to one rather than in groups?
The benefits of hypnobirthing for you and your baby
Relaxation for pregnancy and mind/body harmony
Learning to relax deeply is a wonderful life skills which can help you balance hormones, destress and create a connection with your unborn baby. You will also learn how to move and relax your body to help baby into the ideal position for birth.
Benefits for pregnancy
Benefits for pregnancy include:
- Better sleep & rest with self-hypnosis and breathing skills
- Learn to let go of fear and stress
- Better mind/body understanding
- Think more positively about your body, labour and birth.
- Bonding with baby and knowing how to encourage baby into an ideal position for birth.
- Preparing with your partner so you feel supported
Confidence & tools for Labour.
It’s normal to have a sense of anticipation about birth but what if you could feel calm and relaxed. What would it be like to feel in control even when it’s an unpredictable experience? You can learn to relax, feel confident during birth and support your body.
Benefits for birth
The key benefits during labour and delivery:
- Know how to stay comfortable and in control
- Have a toolkit of relaxation and pain control techniques to use
- Be much less likely to need chemical painkillers.
- Research shows that labour is likely to be significantly shorter.
- Research also shows that there is a much reduced likelihood of forceps, ventouse, or emergency caesarean section.
- Learn learned how to commiciate to get your needs met and make informed choices.
Post-natal confidence & wellbeing
Hypnobirthing tools are like skills for managing emotions, stress and changes. Most hypnobirthing mums talk about their baby being calmer after birth. These skills can help with the life changes, breastfeeding and more.
Benefits for post-natal
Benefits for baby and beyond
- Babies are more likely to have a higher Apgar score (measurement of wellbeing immediately post-delivery)
- Reduced use of pain medication means reduction of undesirable side effects for mother and baby.
- More likely to need a shorter hospital stay and
- Most hypnobirthing mums have a quicker postnatal recovery.
- A better birth experiences reduces incidence of post-natal depression.
- Many mothers report that their babies are calmer and feed and sleep better due to their gentle passage into the world.
- Self-hypnosis and relaxation aid breast-feeding
- Your new tools can help you cope more easily with family life and get more easily back to sleep during any disturbed nights
A belief in positive birthing
Every woman deserves to feel empowered, supported and safe during birth.
As a mum who overcome birth trauma to then have an amazing, peaceful and empowering second birth experiencing using hypnobirthing, I’m passionate about helping other women have a more positive experience. The impact of a better birth experience goes far beyond the day of the birth for you, your partner and your baby.
Creating a more positive birth experience
My aim is to help you have the most positive birth experience that’s right for you and your baby. This involves you feeling empowered to make choices and having the ability to be more relaxed on the day.
This is not about having some ‘perfect’ birth which has to be a idealist way or completely natural but rather about preparing both mind and body to enable you to embrace the experience without fear.
Personalised hypnobirthing in Reading & online options:
Different packages to suit different needs.
This offers a great introduction to the hypnobirthing toolkit. You can gain what you need to continue your home practice or to compliment other antenatal or pregnancy yoga classes.
This is also fabulous for anyone who’s left it a bit late in pregnancy to fit in a full course.
These sessions offer a broad understand of hypnobirthing and introduce you to the core toolkit for birth.
An introduction to:
– Self-hypnosis: how to go into a state of calm relaxation
– Personal visualisations to aid your labour and increase comfort
– Core relaxation and breathing techniques plus ways to practice at home
– Self confidence booster for pregnancy and parenthood
– Understanding your body and birth
– A self-hypnosis practice MP3
The Complete Confident Childbirth Course
This is a full programme covering all the hypnobirthing elements. The great thing about it being one to one is we focus on exactly what you need most.
I also incorporate Active Birth education to support more comfortable birthing.
The number of sessions can be tailored to suit you but include around 10 hours of one to one time. Ideally these sessions are spread out so you have time to practice at home in between.
These sessions are tailored to you and can include your partner as much as you choose.
- Self-hypnosis practice & utilisation for increasing comfort and inner calm
- Personalised visualisations to help you through each stage of labour
- A relaxation toolkit including breathing, practical aids and movements
Mindset and confidence
- Overcoming previous experiences and fear hypnosis
- Preparing for a newborn and the 4th trimester
- Active Birth education to help you understanding how to support your body and encourage baby into an ideal position
Birth Partner Preparation and Support
- Birth Partner preparation including communication with staff & how to support you
Resources and extras
MP3s for self-hypnosis and mindful relaxation practice, for calm during labour, sensation control and confidence for birth.
Ongoing online or phone support and online resources.
Pregnancy Anxiety Hypnotherapy
This is a gentle and safe combination of pregnancy hypnotherapy and hypnobirthing.
Relaxation in pregnancy is not only important for you but also for your baby.
This is best for anyone who want hypnobirthing but also needs more focused help. This might be to overcome a birth related phobia, previous birth trauma or fear of becoming a parent.
This option is tailored to each client depending on their needs but I recommend a minimum of 4 to 6 sessions.
Our focus will be on you overcoming fear or previous experiences, feeling confident and learning how to relax. We will cover the essential hypnobirthings tools as part of this practice.
These sessions will be one to one without your partner as we focus on your specific needs. Additional hypnobirthing sessions for you and your partner can be added if wanted.
Please note that when you are pregnant it’s not the right time to do lots of therapy on past trauma or issues that aren’t specific to birth or aren’t relevant to helping you feel confident for birth.
Personalised MP3s and online resources for overcoming anxiety included.
This is ideal for those who’ve already done hypnobirthing and just wants to boost their knowledge or refresh their toolkit.
Perhaps for a 2nd or 3rd pregnancy or if you want to add deeper understanding to any generic course you’ve done.
This is also a great option for someone who’s having an elective c-section and wants to make it a wonderful experience.
Or if you want to turn a breech baby, hypnosis and relaxation can be a wonderful way to help this.
These sessions will cover whatever you most want to focus on. For this option it’s really best we have a chat on the phone and work out what you most need.
See the other options for ideas.
HYPNOBIRTHING IN READING AND WOKINGHAM
“….Our baby boy was born into the water and I am sure this calm start to his life helped to ensure a chilled baby in the first few days at home”
“Clare was a pleasure to meet and really helped me approach the birth of my second daughter. Clare spent a morning talking me through techniques to approach and prepare myself for labour. I can honestly say it made the whole experience manageable and really set my mind at ease as I approached the birth….”